Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting things clear in my head: Game Design

Today I decided to do some design work, I find one of my biggest problems is getting a complex design clear in my head, and usually this leads to ambiguity, thus poor implementation, this kinda annoys me, because my ability to design must be far greater (or at least equal to) my programming skills if I want to advance to bigger projects.

So I sat down and asked myself "what is a game?", the following is a UML diagram that I wrote out, some of the notation might be a little wrong, but you'll probably understand where I'm coming from. (Hopefully the image will be enlargeable)


The above diagram is what I consider to be a game, I'm going to keep adding to this model, and eventually I may be able to build an engine out of it, one of my flaws is definitely design, sometimes I can't see wood from the trees!

Let's see what you make of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment